Palestinian Call for Immediate Targeted Sanctions to Stop Israel’s Annexation and Apartheid
01 Jul 2020
In the wake Israel's planned de jure annexation of large swathes of the occupied Palestinian West Bank in 2020, as part of the "Trump peace plan", Palestinian civil society called for immediate targeted sanctions to stop Israel's annexation and apartheid. The call outlined these demands:
- A ban on arms trade and military-security cooperation with Israel.
- Suspension of trade and cooperation agreements with Israel.
- Prohibition of trade with the illegal Israeli settlements and termination of corporate business with Israel’s illegal settlement enterprise.
- Investigation and prosecution of individuals and corporate actors responsible for war crimes/crimes against humanity in the context of Israel’s regime of illegal occupation and apartheid.
- Support efforts at the United Nations to reconstitute the UN Special Committee against Apartheid and the UN Centre against Apartheid to investigate Israeli apartheid.
Read the call in detail here: https://www.alhaq.org/advocacy...